Date: Friday, February 9, 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 1:00 pm
Location: Beaver Bay Town Hall, 711 MacDonald Ave., Beaver Bay, MN (Above Lemon Wolf Restaurant)
You are invited to participate in a working meeting to chart the desired course for restoring the North Shore Forest.
Help plan the future operations of the North Shore Forest Collaborative and then actively participate in restoration efforts. Everyone interested in the ecological restoration of the North Shore is invited to attend. We want participation from agencies, governments, non-profit groups, foundations and private landowners. Everyone with an interest in the north shore is important to both identifying restoration projects and opportunities and helping to implement them.
9:30 Meet and greet – Get to know and network with your neighbors and people from agencies and non-profit organizations involved in restoration activities.
9:50 Introductions and overview.
- Brief presentation on North Shore Forest Collaborative. Who is the Collaborative? Why is there a need to work together? What has been accomplished to date? How is the Collaborative organized and where do funds come from? Why is it important to have an NSFC Coordinator?
- Explanation of today’s work session and its purpose. The meeting will be a success if:
- Partners meet new partners and make connections.
- As a collaborative, we identify and commit to projects, programs and actions for this iand future years to move forward with restoration. This includes how to fund identified programs and activities.
10:30 Work Session – World Cafe/Small Groups
- What actions/projects do we need to take now and in future to increase forest restoration?
- What are barriers to restoration and how do we overcome those barriers?
11:15 Break and network
11:30 Review ideas and results from work group.
12:00 World Cafe/Work Session 2
- Continue the conversation. How do we make identified actions/projects/programs happen?
- How do we fund them? What are ideas for funding? Who will implement them?
- How do we fund the NSFC Coordinator?
12:30 Review ideas and prioritize
12:50 Wrap up and future directions
This will be an important and full meeting. Your ideas and input are critical for restoration efforts to continue and grow. We welcome your input and hope to see you on February 9. Please pass this invitation on to your neighbors or others in your organization and encourage them to attend.