Register NOW for a special webinar – Restoring Lake Superior’s Coastal Forest: What you can do to help.
This webinar is brought to you by the North Shore Forest Collaborative, in coordination with Cook County Higher Education.
DATE: Thursday, October 8, 2020
Registration is required for this webinar. To register visit:
The North Shore Forest Collaborative will share how private North Shore landowners can help restore Lake Superior’s coastal forest. This includes information about the various agency-provided incentive programs, how land owners can prepare their private forest land for winter, tree planting/protection, and prepping for the 2021 Spring tree planting season, and more!
- North Shore Forest – Collaborative History, Scope, & Mission
- Private landowner forest restoration example
- Soil & Water Conservation District Programs
- Natural Resources Conservation Service Programs
- Minnesota DNR Private Land Forestry Programs
- Update on tree seedling “Growers Network”
- “Your Woodlands Future”
- John Paulson, Coordinator North Shore Forest Collaborative
- Jeff Gniffke, North Shore Private Landowner Good Harbor Area
- Michaela Clingaman, Conservation Technician Cook County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Mike Hup, Regional Forester Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Thor Pakosz, Forester – Private Land Forestry Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- David Abaz, Executive Director UMN Extension NE Regional Sustainable Development
- Mike Reichenbach, EdD Forestry Educator UMN Extension
- And more!
The NSFC is a coordinated effort among local, state, and federal land management agencies as well as public and private organizations and individuals who want to work together to assure a healthy forest environment. More info: https://northshoreforest.org/.